Best in the Business Awards
Each November the Chamber hosts its annual “Best in the Business” Awards Breakfast. The event brings together 300 of New York City’s most influential business and civic leaders in order to recognize companies and entrepreneurs for their “above and beyond” achievements, community contributions and milestones.
The five categories awarded are:
- Most Innovative- Presented to an individual or company that uniquely filled an unmet need, sparked a competitive response in the marketplace and/or exceed market expectations.
- Lifetime Achievement- Presented to an individual who, over the whole of his or her career, has made contributions of outstanding significance in the world of business and beyond.
- Friend of Business- Presented to an individual or company who, by their words and deeds, has provided special and noteworthy support to the business community.
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen- Presented to an individual or company whose contributions have meaningfully improved peoples’ lives, embodying how business success and community involvement go hand-in-hand.
- Company to Watch- Presented to a company that is rapidly growing and evolving and/or has the potential to make a big impact on their industry.
The next awards breakfast will be held on Thursday, November 2, 2017. Stay tuned for sponsorship opportunities and guidelines for nominating potential honorees.
In 2016, New York Giants legend, Tiki Barber, was the Master of Ceremonies.
- Honorees included:
- Lifetime Achievement: Kathryn Wylde, Partnership for New York City
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen: Hank Williams, Platform (posthumously)
- Friend of Business: Maisha Walker, Message Medium
- Most Innovative: Uber
- Company to Watch: Infor